The 2022 National Consortium for Health Science Education Annual Meeting and 30th Anniversary Celebration
was a successful gathering for those able to attend in-person or virtually. Strategies priorities of the organization were highlighted in the 2021 NCHSE Annual Report. Time was devoted to NCHSE’s initiatives and our supportive role to health science education programs.
We are excited to announce the succession of leadership and the 2022 NCHSE Executive Council:
- Lara Morris, Chair (Oklahoma Dept of CareerTech Education)
- Shelly Wehmeyer, Chair-Elect (Missouri Dept of Elementary & Secondary Education)
- Phyllis Johnson, Past Chair (Georgia Dept of Education, retired)
- Denise DuBois, Secretary (Realityworks)
- Angel Clark, Treasurer (South Carolina Dept of Education)
- Peg Enslen, Health Science State Leaders Representative (Delaware Dept of Education)
- Nicholas Wells, Publishers/Educational Resources Representative (DEPCO Enterprises)
- Kathy Cilia, Professional Associations Representative (American Medical Technologists)
- Toni McElmore, Health Science Educators Association President (Durant HS, OK)
During the 2021-2022 membership year, we happily welcome our newest NCHSE members
- Arizona Department of Education
- New York State Education Department
- North Dakota Career and Technical Education
- South Dakota Department of Education
- Texas Health Occupations Association, Inc (THOA)
- 4 Your CNA
- American Allied Health, Inc.
- Anatomy in Clay
- Visible Body
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Hudson County Schools of Technology/County Prep High School (New Jersey)
- Minnesota State HealthForce Center of Excellence
Our meeting focused on recognizing NCHSE honorary life members and highlighting our beginnings. We heard from Advance CTE on the career cluster modernization project, enjoyed a presentation from Ashley Ridge High School students and alumni, participated in a team building activity and learned about the Medical University of SC’s genetic counseling program and their “Our DNA SC project.” On the second day, new projects were revealed, a redesigned website and updated work-based learning guide. Plans for a review of National Health Science Standards, an emphasis on the NCHSE Certificate Program and healthcare partnerships concluded the meeting.
NCHSE is incredibly fortunate to have a board of passionate advocates helping to champion our goal to be the national authority for health science education. Mark your calendars for NCHSE Member Update Call, Thursday, May 5, 3:00 PM and the 2022 National Health Science Conference, Charleston (SC) Marriott, October 26-28. Details will be available on our website in late February. Enjoy a few photos from the meeting.